Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Entries for the Word Inspired Challenge 1

Here's the word image for this 1st Word Inspired Challenge...

And here are the pages by all who tried out this challenge.

"it is a challenge" by Erlia

Description:

I'm always a sucker for words, so when I saw the collage of words, I immediately took in those that appealed to me. As a scrapbooker, I've always found it challenging and sometimes frustrating in trying to retain my style and creative rights. It's a constant battle for every artist, I think. It's a challenge, not only to be retain my rights but also to 'live with' the fact that people sometimes choose to appreciate art by copying them. Words are powerful, they don't only state facts, but they express your emotions too.

Feli says:
I like how the journaling is being brought as a focus because she kept the embellishing and layering to a minimum. The words in the image is used in her journaling, love how she put the words together and how the word challenge is emphasized and arranged to fold the shaped PP. I totally agree with what she wrote, sometimes it really is a challenge to come up with something new and something that's you when you scrap...


"sweet memories" by CS Lau

Description:
The photos were taken on 1st Jan of 2007- one find day. Family having a good day outing. Hope that we will always be a happy family and have joy together. For the layout, instead of putting all 'words' to decorate my LO, I prefer using some ribbons , lace and other element to make it look nicer.

Feli says:
I like how she emphasized on the centre portion of the page to bring focus to the photos and adding stickers & tags as journaling that look like the word image...

"You've Always Inspired Me" by Renoa


Description:
I am obviously captured by the word "inspired" and I knew the exact photo to scrap. Well this is my first attempt to scrap a boy layout and certainly I don't have any idea how to start. I am so sorry i failed to do it differently as I was working all night till dawn and my brain was too tired to think creatively though I would like to. I'm also inspired by the placement and i tried to make it as simple as it could be coz Boo likes it to be simple. hehe. I want to give this to him as a special gift from me and show how he has inspired me so far..

Feli says:
I love how she took the word Inspired to create this layout. Love the many details on her layout! love the cut-outs and her sweet journaling. And great effort to keep it simple to highlight the photo and journaling. I'm sure Boo will love the page!

Now it's time for Erlia, CS and Renoa to vote, winner will be out tmr! :)

1 comment: